MY HOUSE HAS BEEN DAMAGED BY WIND. WHAT NOW?
If your roof has been damaged by strong winds or hail, take these steps in order to ensure your full insurance coverage:
- Contact your insurance company within 24 hours from the time the damage occurred.
- Prepare a list of the damages to your roof (shingles, skylights, chimneys, etc). If it’s possible, take pictures or video of the damage.
- An insurance adjuster will then visit your property in order to assess the damages further and determine what replacements are required.
- You will then be asked to procure legal documents and write up or fill out others that are required by your insurance company.
- A roofing contractor (chosen by you) will perform the installation of replacements specified.